There are different types of window warranties, but generally, they are meant to provide coverage against additional expenses in case your new windows fail to perform according to normal standards. If you want to have peace of mind that your new sliding windows will be in good condition for many years, a good window warranty is a must.
Renewal by Andersen® is one of the best brands in the window industry. You can learn more about the company’s warranties by reading this post.
Our warranties set us apart from our competitors in the window replacement industry. We provide a fully transferable limited warranty on every Renewal by Andersen replacement window and patio door we install, covering parts, labor and original installation. Our warranty includes a 20-year limited warranty for the Fibrex® frame and glass; a 10-year limited warranty for the frame, sash and locking mechanism; and a two-year limited warranty on installation.
Increased Home Value
Transferable warranties remain valid after the sale of your home. So, if you sell your house within the warranty period, the warranties on your windows will stay in effect. A transferable warranty is especially important in boosting the value of your home. For example, if you installed Renewal by Andersen-manufactured picture windows and the material warranties still have seven or more years of validity, the next homeowner can count on the remaining coverage.
Circumstances Not Covered by the Warranties
Renewal by Andersen window warranties are in-depth and designed with homeowners in mind. However, certain scenarios aren’t included in the warranty coverage:
- Product modifications or glass shading devices (e.g. glass tinting, security systems, painting or staining, insulated coverings, etc.)
- Failure due to the application of hardware that is not manufactured by Renewal by Andersen (e.g. locksets, trim sets, hinges, panic hardware, closers, etc.)
- Water infiltration other than as a result of a defect in manufacturing, materials or workmanship
- Failure as a result of settling or structural failure of the property where the products are installed
- Condensation issues
- Improper maintenance, such as the use of brick wash, razor blades, sealants, sanding or improper washing
- Failure to properly seal and maintain the exposed wood portions and veneer of a product in accordance with Renewal by Andersen painting or staining guidelines
- Fading of furniture, flooring, window coverings or other surrounding materials
- Chemicals or airborne pollutants, such as salt or acid rain
- Normal wear and tear
Renewal by Andersen of Montana is a renowned window replacement and installation company. We provide high-quality services and products that will last through the years. Whenever you need a reliable window company, we’re the ones to call. For more information, you can fill out our contact form or contact us at (406) 259-3944.